If you’re like most homeowners, you’re always on the lookout for new and innovative ways to improve your home. And if you’re looking for something that will make your home look great and last for years, you should know something about triexta carpets!
Triexta is known for being one of the most durable and resilient carpet fibers, and it far exceeds the quality of polyester and nylon. Being a fiber that repels water, triexta is highly resistant to stains and can be cleaned with only cold water – an extremely beneficial characteristic as it eliminates the need for time-consuming spot cleaners with difficult protocols.
Triexta doesn’t fade easily or lose its color, and it’s actually pretty comfortable – it has a luxurious feel. It’s softer than any other synthetic material on the market, making it ideal for use in the home.
Triexta carpets offer the stain resistance and durability of synthetic fibers while combining the soft, comfortable sensation of natural wool with a lower price tag than natural wool. Triexta is an excellent alternative for almost every setting at a reasonable cost.
Table of contents
- What is Triexta carpet made out of?
- Is Triexta carpet better than polyester?
- Is Triexta carpet safe?
- Is Triexta carpet soft?
- How do you clean a Triexta?
- Can you steam clean Triexta carpet?
- Is Triexta carpet good for stairs?
- What are the disadvantages of Triexta?
- Conclusion – About Triexta Carpets
What is Triexta carpet made out of?
Triexta is a synthetic polymer that contains elements derived in part from corn sugar (versus petroleum), making it an environmentally friendly alternative when buying carpet. Triexta was originally defined as a polyester product, and its structure is similar to polyester.
The manufacturer, however, has since lobbied successfully to have triexta classified as a distinct unique material from polyester due to the significant differences in the final product. You may hear triexta referred to as PTT, which stands for polytrimethylene terephthalate, its technical chemical composition.
Is Triexta carpet better than polyester?
While both are synthetic materials, triexta is considered an upgrade over polyester in many ways. First and foremost, triexta is softer than polyester, making it more comfortable underfoot. It also has a more luxurious feel and can be dyed in a wider range of colors than polyester.
Triexta is also more resistant to staining than polyester. In addition, it’s more resistant to fading, so the color of your carpet will stay vibrant for years to come. It is also resistant to wear, making it a good choice for high-traffic areas. As an added bonus, because triexta is more environmentally friendly, it’s a good choice for eco-conscious homeowners.
As a relatively new product on the market, triexta doesn’t have as long a track record as other fibers. However, its performance is considered to be better than nylon by some industry experts. Additionally, Triexta is comparable in price to both nylon and polyester.
Is Triexta carpet safe?
Triexta is a safe and non-toxic material that’s often used in clothing and home furnishings. In fact, it’s considered to be one of the safest synthetic materials on the market.
One major downside of most synthetic fibers is that they can release microplastics into the air. In the short and long term, exposure to these compounds can pose health risks. Not only is Triexta carpet eco-friendly, but it is also safer to have in the house since they have a high ratio of natural fibers from corn. Triexta carpet will ensure that your home contains fewer volatile compounds that other carpets often contain.
Is Triexta carpet soft?
Yes, Triexta is a soft carpet fiber that’s known for being comfortable underfoot. It’s also considered to be one of the most luxurious synthetic fibers on the market. With a soft, high-performing Triexta carpet, you won’t have to worry about constant wear and tear. It is a great choice for households with kids, pets, and adults who want a balance of softness and low maintenance.
How do you clean a Triexta?
To maintain your Triexta carpet and reduce the amount of time you spend cleaning it, follow these tips:
- The faster you wipe away a spill, the less likely it is to seep into the carpet and cause stains.
- In order to keep your carpet clean, sweep up any dirt that gets tracked in.
- Keep your carpet looking new by using water repellent sprays.
- Oil-based fragrance diffusers should not be used around triexta carpets since the aromatherapy oils might seep into the carpet or rug fibers and can cause discoloration.
- Keep your carpet dry to prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
- Keep your carpets and rugs clean by taking off your shoes before tracking dirt, germs, and microbes inside. This isn’t typical where most of our customers live (we provide carpet cleaning services in Atlanta, Dunwoody, Marietta, Alpharetta, and other parts of the greater Atlanta area) but it’s general advice to encourage that you take off your shoes when walking on your triexta carpet.
- Your carpet should be professionally cleaned at least once every six months.
- Don’t just clean your carpets regularly, you can clean your whole home to ensure that excess dust isn’t collecting and falling onto your carpet, to be walked on and pressed into the carpet.
Can you steam clean Triexta carpet?
Triexta carpets are a robust material that can endure short periods of high temperature. Although nylon and polyester carpets may melt under the heat of a steam cleaner if not done properly, triexta carpets benefit considerably from steam cleaning. This is one more reason why you should get a professional to clean your carpets.
Is Triexta carpet good for stairs?
Yes, Triexta is a great option for stairs since it’s a durable fiber that can withstand a lot of foot traffic. Additionally, it’s soft and comfortable underfoot, so it’s perfect for high-traffic areas like stairs. And because it’s so easy to clean, you won’t have to spend a lot of time maintaining it.
Triexta is an easy-to-care-for material, making it ideal to use as carpeting in any home. Triexta carpets are ideal flooring for children’s rooms, as well as pets and high-traffic areas like stairwells, living rooms, and dens. Not only is it comfortable and stylish, but it’s also easy to keep clean.
What are the disadvantages of Triexta?
The main disadvantage of Triexta is that it’s a relatively new fiber, so it doesn’t have a long track record. Additionally, it’s slightly more expensive than other types of carpeting, like polyester and nylon.
Other disadvantages of Triexta carpets are:
- This product can sometimes build static electricity in dry climates.
- Mildew might change the fiber’s form. Be sure to keep your carpet clean to avoid this.
- Carpets made of corn fiber are still relatively new, therefore their long-term performance is uncertain.
Conclusion – About Triexta Carpets
Carpet made of triexta is a newer fabric compared to polyester and nylon, so not all professional cleaners will know how to treat it. Unless you are experienced in cleaning carpets, it is best to find a professional carpet cleaner who knows how to clean Triexta carpet properly. Otherwise, you may end up damaging your carpet instead of revitalizing it.
At Go Carpet Cleaning, we’re familiar with all types of carpet flooring materials, from the most common to the newest on the market. Triexta may be new, but it’s not something we haven’t seen or cleaned before.
We’re here to help you, so please don’t hesitate to reach out and book a schedule that works best for you. You can contact us via phone, email, or booking on our website.